[Mageia-dev] Updates testing

Stew Benedict stewbintn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 02:01:34 CEST 2011

On 07/07/2011 07:38 PM, andre999 wrote:

>>> No need to put this on the wiki as it will be useless for 90% of
>>> them as an
>>> update request must have a test case for the bug fixed, not for the
>>> whole
>>> package.
>>
>> Yes, for the test about the bug fixed. But isn't there tests to check
>> for
>> regressions ?
>

> The general idea sounds good.
> But that would make a pretty big wiki page, if we especially if we
> include big apps like LibreOffice & Postgresql.
> Maybe link each bigger app to a standing bugz report for that purpose ?
> It would be pretty hard to make even close to complete regression
> tests for bigger apps as well.  (imagine 599 tests for LibreOffice ...)

There once was a project at Mandriva where each packager was to supposed
to come up with a basic functionality test for his/her package(s),
although I don't think it got much traction aside from those of us who
were getting paid to work on the distro and whose manager made the tests
a deliverable.
iirc there was even some automation framework so they they could be run
by machine.

--
Stew Benedict