[Mageia-dev] Repository question: where do we put non-free+tainted RPMs?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Jul 12 03:42:04 CEST 2011

Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Speaking of the software patent stuff, the Debian Project just
> released a Community Distribution Patent Policy FAQ here:
> http://www.debian.org/reports/patent-faq (announce:
> http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110709 ).
>
> Romain

Interesting reading.
Warning against paranoia regarding software patents.

So maybe we should have a policy of putting packages in "tainted" for patent
reasons only after being notified by the patent holder ?
Or some other significant factor regarding actual willingness to attempt to
enforce ?  Or actual validity ?
(In the few jurisdictions accepting software patents, of course.)

--
André