[Mageia-dev] [Mageia 2 specifications] Systemd or not systemd

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Tue Jul 12 14:41:15 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:38, Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 July 2011 09:15:18 Eugeni Dodonov wrote:
> [...]
> > > Comments, proposals, shout ?
> >
> > If nobody objects, I could help with that. Mandriva certainly gave a
> large
> > experience on how to integrate systemd into the system without killing
> > traditional sysvinit alternative.
> >
> I don't have any objections ;o)
> Also since you work alot on it , why do we have some systemd files in
> initscripts ? (because i noticed that thoses files were moved  back to
> systemd
> package)

Each package is free to provide its .service files for systemd, they are not
tied to any development libraries or headers and such. In case of
initscripts, there are (were?) many mandriva-specifics tricks which used to
run on startup via rc.sysinit and similar approaches, so initscripts package
looked as the best place to put them at the time I think.

--
Eugeni Dodonov
http://eugeni.dodonov.net/