[Mageia-dev] Generic 64-bit building question

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 13 11:35:36 CEST 2011

> That's why there was discussion started, some time ago, in this list, to
> create devel packages so that they will provide %{name}-devel and
> lib%{name}-deve.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.devel/6365

It isn't clear to me whether the situation to be fixed is Mageia-specific or the inconsistency shows up also in Fedora, openSUSE, etc.
I thought it was about a small number of some peculiar libs, but it looks like it's a more generic issue.

>>  Moreover, excuse me, but I find it stupid to have a 64-bit lib called
> `libksane-devel`.
> This is devel package, not library itself, so it's OK.

I must admit I failed to understand your statement.

What's the difference between:
`libksane-devel` <<-- correct 64-bit name
and
`lib64djvulibre-devel` <<-- correct 64-bit name
?

Why not `lib64ksane-devel` ?

Thanks,

R-C aka beranger