[Mageia-dev] Adobe Flash player 11 Beta 1 in Cauldron

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 16 10:07:36 CEST 2011

2011/7/16 Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com>:
> On 16 July 2011 02:57, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> Le vendredi 15 juillet 2011 à 11:10 +0300, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> As you've seen the thread, posted by Charles A Edwards, there's a new
>>> version of flash which has native 64bit support, it's still in beta
>>> but seems to work well, some questions:
>>> - Any objections about offering it in mga1?
>>
>> Yes, I do.
>> That's a beta, and stable is not a dumping ground for that.
>>

> Right, let's do a head count:
> Mageia 64bit users who are using the 64bit Adobe Flash 11 Beta 1,
> please raise your hand (my hand is raised already, I've been using it
> for 2-3 days).

Same here.

> The point, if there's no other easy way to watch flash for 64bit users
> without jumping through hoops (using nspluginwrapper, which is
> occasionally problematic, or using a 32bit browser on an x86_64
> system, which entails installing some more 32bit libs), there's a good
> chance they'll use flash 11, alpha/beta/rc is still better than the
> hoops.
>
> Also we're talking about pushing it to backports, not updates.
>
> Anyway, since I am personally not affected by the whole issue, I am
> not pushing to submit to mga1, do a poll or whatever, when a consensus
> is reached we can act accordingly.

Yes, sure, no need to hurry.
For those who do not know how to install it from the Adobe site
somebody already posted a HowTo in the forum. So, a Mageia package
will only be needed for those who can not read, all others will
already have it installed by then.

But what do I know about technical things....

--
wobo