[Mageia-dev] new mgarepo version

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Jul 16 13:09:14 CEST 2011

In data sabato 16 luglio 2011 03:27:18, Michael Scherer ha scritto:
> The goal of novice is not to add lots of packages to become packagers,
> but to demonstrate enough knowledge while maintaining them. So I would
> rather have a system that discourage adding lots of rpms. Ie, if there
> is a incentive to focus on existing rpms, I think we should use it.
Good point. But often who want to become a packager,  does it
to have at least his preferred ones on the system. That's good if he become a
maintainer, because he uses them and at least we could hope they won't
be broken.
So why should avoid them to import new packages?
I agree though to start working on bug reports and fixing existing ones, but
that is ok now because there are no real maintainers, so we could work on that
and this, but after....

> >  - bug reports would then be assigned to the mentor instead of the
> >novice,
> >
> > which would perhaps give a bit more work towards mentor to notify his
> > novice  about it.
>
> If the novice disappear, then someone should take care of the packages,
> and it should be the mentor. This way, they will not accept random rpms
> thinking "this is not my duty to take care".
How can we prevent that? even after the novice becomes official packager
that could happen....

--
	Angelo