[Mageia-dev] kernel 3.0 is a big mistake in cauldron

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jul 16 19:24:09 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Radu-Cristian FOTESCU at 16/07/11 11:47 did gyre and
gimble:
> tmb, I hate you.
>
> making kernel-desktop-latest to point to
> kernel-desktop-3.0.0-0.rc7.2.1.mga2 instead of
> kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.38.8-5.mga2 was a big mistake.
>
> there should have been something like kernel-desktop-latest3 for a
> while, to let people test that 3.0 thing (rc, right? I know this is
> cauldron, but I'd still prefer a kernel that works) while still having a
> 2.6 kernel.

WTF? We do this quite regularly... the rc's have been pushed in cooker
and I'm pretty sure cauldron in the past. The fact that this is 3.x.x
rather 2.6.38 is pretty much a whim of numbering and nothing
specifically relating to anything "significant" or similar.

And who cares if -latest is updated. Your old kernel is not removed and
TMB gave you forewarning about it.

This is really one of the lamest complaints ever!!!

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]