[Mageia-dev] kernel 3.0 is a big mistake in cauldron

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jul 16 19:32:25 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Radu-Cristian FOTESCU at 16/07/11 12:55 did gyre and
gimble:
> Once you manually touch menu.lst, it's never going to be properly updated afterwards.

Rubbish. I've manually edited menu.lst in the past and my
changes/additions are correctly kept and also added to newly installed
kernels and I still get version-specific entries added until I uninstall
the kernel in question.

Whatever you've done to cause this it's your own doing. If you delve
into such things you have to suffer the consequences.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]