[Mageia-dev] [Mageia 2 specifications] Systemd or not systemd

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Sun Jul 17 04:51:27 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:37, Olivier Blin <mageia at blino.org> wrote:

> Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:
>
> > People on Fedora list were quite reluctant to changes ( to say the least
> > ), and I am pretty sure that someone will hit a unrelated corner case in
> > the last minute. Rtp was not really fond of systemd on arm and embedded
> > system either.
>
> Do you have more details about the issues on arm/embedded?
> How could it be worse than forking our dozens of shell scripts?

I think that it is not the case - if no specific systemd .service files are
there, systemd will gladly execute initscripts init scripts.

Of course, there are always ordering issues, unexpected systemd-specific
behavior (like accessing /dev/ being treated as service activation or such),
but nothing unfixable as far as I know.

--
Eugeni Dodonov
http://eugeni.dodonov.net/