[Mageia-dev] Finalizing update process

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jul 22 11:27:56 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 22 juillet 2011 à 11:04 +0300, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> On 19 June 2011 15:00, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > Le samedi 18 juin 2011 à 23:25 +0300, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> >> On 15 June 2011 22:32, Stew Benedict <stewbintn at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> qa-bugs@ can't be be set as the assignee in bug reports, it should be
> >> made possible.
> >
> > Yes, that requires to create a account for that. Dmorgan knows, I
> > don't :/ ( and we should document that once the wiki will be installed
> > ).
> >
> >> The same for sec team, there should be a way to assign/put-in-CC.
> > That would requires the creation of the secteam as something more formal
> > than now, and for now, that's "no".
> > So you should better explain the need about assigning or put a group of
> > people in CC when you can simply put one person for that.
> >

> > --
> > Michael Scherer
> >

> Sorry, I seem to have missed this email.
>
> I can see security at groups.mageia.org can be set as bug assignee in
> bugzilla now, so the discussion is null at this point.
>
> About the "better explanation", the benefits of having one generic
> email address set as assignee in security-related bug reports, just
> one point, not having one point of failure, if the only person in the
> sec team becomes unavailable for a prolonged period of time for any
> reason, someone will have to trudge through the bug reports assigned
> to him to change the assignee field, whereas if a generic email
> address is used that won't be necessary.

If the only problem is to reassign bugs, then we can write a script.

My main worries are that given that right now, there is 1 single person
in the group, that change nothing. I would even add that it proves my
point, using alias mean that people do not know who they assign the bugs
to.

So while you think there is no point of failure, but there is, and you
do not see nor know it.

Also, assigning thing to a group of people tend to make them think
"someone else will do it" :/

Finally, if the problem is "someone can leave and we have to reassign
bug", there is nothing special regarding security bugs to that regard,
and we have the need to reassign others bugs too, and yet, we do not use
aliases. So why make a exception just for that ?
--
Michael Scherer