[Mageia-dev] Updates and 0 release

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jul 26 18:20:12 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Michael Scherer at 26/07/11 11:40 did gyre and gimble:
> If the goal is to be sure that the software is still upgradable, the
> whole %mkrel stuff should take care of that.

No it doesn't. That only works for one release assuming we do not use
subrel with that release. Even with mkrel, we will instantly need to
bump the cauldron package as soon as it's used for the first time.

We used to do 0 releases in Mandriva quite often, and I don't think this
is necessarily problematic. If a package is a prerelease, the release
itself will likely contain the word git or svn etc.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]