[Mageia-dev] Updates and 0 release

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Jul 26 19:37:32 CEST 2011

Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 à 19:46 +0300, Sander Lepik a écrit :
> 26.07.2011 19:42, Michael Scherer kirjutas:
> > Likely because none of them know the specific meaning of using 0.
>  From where is this specific meaning coming? Where is it documented?

Where does it come, I do not know, likely due to the structure of rpm
( debian use some tricks with ~ in version for that ).

The first example I can think of date back to 2002-4, in mandrake rpm
howto, that you can find ( in a updated version ) on :
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Howto/RPM_Advanced#Releasing_pre-versions

Fedora also adopted the same convention :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Pre-Release_packages

And i was unable to find anything on opensuse wiki for that.
--
Michael Scherer