[Mageia-dev] Some more new rpmlint warning on upload

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Jul 27 14:10:06 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 27 juillet 2011 à 13:37 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> *

of course, this one is backup-file-in-package

> while having foo.c~ or #.foo.c are not causing problem, this usually
> take space for nothing. But since the problem is often in upstream
> tarball, this can be tricky to fix.

I also found some others :
* bogus-variable-use-in-%posttrans
ia_ora-gnome.i586: W: bogus-variable-use-in-%posttrans $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

this one is clearly a bug.

* no-url-tag
while not blocking, I see no good reason for that.

* non-standard-dir-in-usr
inn.i586: W: non-standard-dir-in-usr com

no really compliant with FHS, but on the other hand, inn seems complex
to use and fix ...

* self-obsoletion
lots of package obsoletes themself ( or just one of their provides ).
While the goal was to rename them, this should be done with proper
versionning ( ie Obsoletes: foo < X ), as some upstream have changed
their mind, or some software can reuse the name. Most specs are just
wrong on that point, and should be corrected. ( so in the 2nd list ).

*  use-tmp-in-%postun
this one is likely a security problem. Look at ipxutils script to see
what I mean.

* statically-linked-binary
While there is some case for static binary, this one is clearly wrong :

statically-linked-binary /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/ibus-engine-pinyin.debug

So I would add that one to the 3rd list of the previous mail.

* spurious-executable-perm
file in %doc and manpages should not be executable. And so this errors
( if I am not wrong ) should block upload. Yet I am not sure, so let's
add to the 2nd list ( discuss and then act ).

* update-menus-without-menu-file-in-%postun
AFAIK, menu is deprecated in favor of freedesktop menu. So there is
clearly something wrong ( from icewm-light )

( watch for the 3rd mail, as I have done only half of the rpm for now )

--
Michael Scherer