[Mageia-dev] automatic chroot install using urpmi

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Jun 8 14:23:04 CEST 2011

Vasiliy G Tolstov skrev 8.6.2011 15:14:
> Hello. I'm glad to announce, that mageia linux is in testing mode on our
> cloud vps hosting (clodo.ru).
> After build image i have one question - is that possible to do fully
> automatic install with this script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> export LC_ALL=C
>
> ROOT=$1
> ARCH=$2
> VERSION=$3
>
> mount -o bind /dev ${ROOT}/dev/
> mount -o bind /sys ${ROOT}/sys/
> mount -t proc none ${ROOT}/proc/
>
> if [ "x${ARCH}" != "xx86_64" ] ; then
>    ARCH="i586"
> fi
>
> urpmi.addmedia --urpmi-root ${ROOT} --distrib
> http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/mageia/distrib/${VERSION}/${ARCH}
> urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT} basesystem
> urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT} openssh-server
> ntpd

No need to make it 2 steps, you can push all in one go...

> One problem is: urpmi try to get answers for installing default init
> system, default boot loader and some other questions.... How can i avoid
> it to do full unattended install?

Either use --auto, or be specific (add all packages you get a question
about):
urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT} basesystem
openssh-server ntpd grub sysvinit

And if you dont need the kernel, you can use basesystem-minimal and dont
need to specify grub

--
Thomas