[Mageia-dev] automatic chroot install using urpmi

Vasiliy G Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Wed Jun 8 15:19:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 16:26 +0400, Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 15:23 +0300, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> > Vasiliy G Tolstov skrev 8.6.2011 15:14:
> > > Hello. I'm glad to announce, that mageia linux is in testing mode on our
> > > cloud vps hosting (clodo.ru).
> > > After build image i have one question - is that possible to do fully
> > > automatic install with this script:
> > >
> > > #!/bin/bash
> > >
> > > export LC_ALL=C
> > >
> > > ROOT=$1
> > > ARCH=$2
> > > VERSION=$3
> > >
> > > mount -o bind /dev ${ROOT}/dev/
> > > mount -o bind /sys ${ROOT}/sys/
> > > mount -t proc none ${ROOT}/proc/
> > >
> > > if [ "x${ARCH}" != "xx86_64" ] ; then
> > >    ARCH="i586"
> > > fi
> > >
> > > urpmi.addmedia --urpmi-root ${ROOT} --distrib
> > > http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/mageia/distrib/${VERSION}/${ARCH}
> > > urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT} basesystem
> > > urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT} openssh-server
> > > ntpd
> >
> > No need to make it 2 steps, you can push all in one go...
> >

> > > One problem is: urpmi try to get answers for installing default init
> > > system, default boot loader and some other questions.... How can i avoid
> > > it to do full unattended install?
> > >

> > Either use --auto, or be specific (add all packages you get a question
> > about):
> > urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT} basesystem
> > openssh-server ntpd grub sysvinit
> >
> > And if you dont need the kernel, you can use basesystem-minimal and dont
> > need to specify grub
> >
> > --
> > Thomas
>
> Thank's for answer. Very well. If i use basesystem-minimal and append
> grub systemd ntpd openssh-server and kernel, does that system can
> boot-up ?

Hmm. I change cmd line to:
urpmi -v --replacefiles --ignoresize --urpmi-root ${ROOT}
basesystem-minimal openssh-server ntpd grub vim man rsyslog systemd
systemd-sysvinit

But basesystem-minimal depends of polkit-gnome, pinentry-gtk2 why? this
is server... Or i need many stuff from X to run software under server?

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru>
Selfip.Ru