[Mageia-dev] Finalizing update process

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Jun 8 23:31:00 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 08 juin 2011 à 19:48 +0300, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> On 8 June 2011 18:44, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 08 juin 2011 à 10:40 +0200, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> >> Hi there
> >>
> >> We have some stuff to complete here:
> >> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=security
> >>
> >> <http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=security>Can we spend the 2 or 3 coming
> >> days to finalize it and start updates submits?
> >
> > Pascal is working on this.
> >
> > So here is a proposal :
> > - anybody can submit a package to updates_testing.
> > - once submitted to testing, it should ask to QA to test, along with :
> >  - a reason for the update ( likely bug number )
> >  - potentially a priority ( ie, if this is just a translation update or
> > a urgent 0 day exploit )
> >  - a way to test the bug and see it is fixed
> >  - text for the update
> >
> > - qa validate the update ( with process to define )
> >
> > - someone move the package from updates_testing to testing
>
> Isn't it cleaner to rebuild when submitting to */updates? instead of moving.

Well, that depend on the way package is built. In fact, it should not
matter much, as we should not do a change that could break a existing
software in update, and so this should be the same in updates_testing
( ie, they should be the same wrto ABI )

But that's also why I ask here :)

--
Michael Scherer