[Mageia-dev] Finalizing update process

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Jun 9 03:15:42 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 09 juin 2011 à 02:40 +0300, Ahmad Samir a écrit :

> Yes, but I was talking about the actual submitting to */release, not
> fixing the package itself. IIUC the submission rights will be
> restricted to the Sec team.

Sorry to be picky, but there is no submit to */release, it is frozen.
And in my proposition, there is also no submit to */update, there is a
move from */updates_testing.

So for managing the submit to updates_testing and the whole process, I
think it should be open to any packagers. It should be maintainers
responsibility to do the update ( prepare, do a test build, check,
submit ), even if secteam members could be proactive for that. But the
process should not be restricted to them, or it will not scale ( and
given we want to have bugfixes updates, it wouldn't make much sense to
call the team like this ).

Since ensuring that a update is a minimal change is (to me) a quality
issue, I propose to add to the QA list of things to check before
refusing a update :
"it doesn't fullfill the requirement of minimal changes ( with
exceptions"

But that requires QA people to have minimal packaging notions, which
could be a problem :/

Again, nothing prevent people from the secteam to also be part of the QA
team.
--
Michael Scherer