[Mageia-dev] mageia sound task

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 9 03:17:40 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and José Jorge at 08/06/11 21:51 did gyre and gimble:
> Le mercredi 8 juin 2011 22:28:30, Sascha Schneider a écrit :
>> my latest idea is to mame a bash-script with dialog to configure
>> proaudio on mageia.
>
> What do you mean by 'configure proaudio'?
>
> I think the only needed thing is "pasuspender jackd" to use proaudio tools.

Please don't do this. Using pasuspender with jackd is not the right way
to do things. We've supported a protocol in PA for *years* to allow
graceful handover to jack. Jack just needs to have dbus support and the
two apps will communicate.

There is even going to be a module in PA call jack-dbus-detect to allow
PA to load a Jack module such that sound can still be output.

Speak to me about the best setup (I don't know jack, but I do know PA.
Don't hack around it, just ask :D

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]