[Mageia-dev] Missing packages in Mageia 1. How to backport? (was: Finalizing update process)

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:27:25 CEST 2011

Op donderdag 09 juni 2011 11:14:21 schreef Colin Guthrie:
> Hi,
>
> As I upgrade my various machines (I only really have about 5, so not
> that many) I'm running into a few packages that are missing (this is
> inevitable).
>
> Nothing major just little things like trac and supybot etc.
>
> What is the best way to add these packages to the v1 tree?
>
> Using backports seems a little odd as this is "unsupported" and we don't
> really want to encourage using it as a means to get the missing packages.
>
> release is obviously frozen so no go there.
>
> The only real option is updates, but that should obviously have some QA
> on it.
>
> Perhaps we need to have some kind of exemption to get these missing
> packages added?
>
> Does anyone have any opinions on this?
>
> Col

tbh, i had been thinking about this too, but it would kind of defeat the
updates reasoning?

otoh, perhaps a missing package is also a bugfix... maybe we could file bug
reports for missing packages and go through the updates route...

personally, i would like updates for it, but it might be against updates
protocol and it will likely add extra strain on the QA team?