[Mageia-dev] Go to gnome 3

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Jun 9 11:37:13 CEST 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:30:30 +0200, Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as a misunderstanding i started to update to gnome 3 as it seemed
> agreed to go this way ( at least i and some ppl understood as i read
> that some ppl planned to update to it too )
>

> What do we plan ?  i can revert to the previous rpms  or continue to update.

From the POV of a user/tester, go ahead. The sooner you start, the sooner
we will get the dependency hell sorted and Gnome3 working.
After I read that you can force the fallback (more or less traditional)
mode, I'm happy with gnome 3 again :).
An it even works fast on an oldie i945GM graphics.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \                 Winter is coming...