[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 - Improving educational programs

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Jun 10 10:22:53 CEST 2011

Hi Stefano,
> I think is a good task and I will help Angelo.
Thanks.

> First we need to discuss if develop under KDE or also Gnome (2), taking into
> consideration also the old hardware on which usually it's installed.
Well I know you and probably what you mean... but it's really hard to understand :)

There's nothing to choose in the first two items - well maybe a little bit in
the second one :) - I mean importing programs is not related to a specific DE,
if that program has been developed using a library more than another it will
run better in a DE that is written for that library (e.g. gtk/gnome or qt/kde
for instance), but that does not avoid using such a program into other DEs ;)

Now let's see if i understood your point, if you mean about live-cd well yes
something has to be decided, but that's not a big priority task, i'd like to
have a more user friendly installable and with a wide choice system concerning
educational programs first.
After that we could add more configuration files to draklive implementing one or
more specific edu-tasks.

WDYT?

Cheers,
	Angelo