[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jun 10 12:46:38 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 09 juin 2011 à 10:49 +0100, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Wolfgang Bornath at 09/06/11 10:25 did gyre and gimble:
> > 2011/6/9 JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com>:
> >>
> >> No need, Cauldron is Cauldron. The only strange thing is that I had
> >> heard on other threads that update to Gnome 3 was being discussed,
> >> but never realized it had finally agreed on.
> >
> > Same here, I'm a bit surprised.
>
> We're on the next cycle now. Quite frankly I'd be stunned (and hugely
> disappointed) if we *didn't* have Gnome 3!

While I have no issue with gnome-shell, I have read enough reports of
people not happy with it to know we would head to a 2nd kde 4.0 story.
So maybe we could start to learn from the past and discuss with users to
explain the update, see why they do not want etc, instead of being
purely focused on "it is cauldron, let's update everything".

--
Michael Scherer