[Mageia-dev] get-skype package for submission

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 02:05:32 CEST 2011

On 10/06/11 18:06, Anssi Hannula wrote:

> I didn't test it, but the problems I see now:
>
> 1. The MD5SUM isn't checked, IMO it should be.

I was just discussing that on IRC with Ahmad ;)
I now have that working OK

> 2. On error you exit with "|| exit 1" but leave
>     the files in /tmp, polluting it.

OK - will fix

> 3. You cp files to %_datadir using a wildcard (*), but these
>     files may not be removed on uninstallation as you only have filename
>     lists for avatars/sounds/langs. While it may work now (I didn't
>     test, I hope you did), this will cause unnoticed problems when the
>     skype tarball contents change.

The wildcard is used to move the remaining files which are all
individually handled by touch and the dir is removed by a %ghost.
I was just saving spec lines.

Yes it does work fine and all files/dirs are removed on uninstall.

The tarball contents can't change or the md5sum would fail :\

> 4. Provide the script/commandline used to create the filelist files.

Do you mean the avatars.txt etc.
It was all done semi-manually, but I will write a script if necessary.
It did cross my mind, but it was quicker to just copy/paste into txt files.
I was assuming I could maintain it manually.

> 5. Versionize the filelist files to make sure they are renegerated
>     when the package is updated to a new version (avatars-%version.txt)

OK - again I was expecting to maintain it manually.

> 6. Your usage of /tmp seems unsafe security-wise. What if some user
>     has created something under /tmp/skype-%version already?

Hmm.. point taken

>     Instead use mktemp to create a temporary directory.

OK ... but:
I can't figure out how to get a temp filename into a %define
If I use
%define mytmp $(mktemp -d -q)
then every reference to the %define generates a new tmp file.
How can I assign the output of a command expansion to a %define so it's
evaluated only once on assignment?
I can use a variable in %pre but that is invisible in %post as it's in
another shell so I'm sorta stuck on that for now :(

> 7. You never remove the tarball, and the tarball is not %ghost.

Will do - that was temporary for testing.

> Also BTW, here is a package of mine for gootleearth from 2006 that uses
> a similar system:
> http://www.zarb.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/plf/SPECS/non-free/googleearth/
> No need to make it like that, just pointing it out in case there are
> some ideas you'd like to use.

I'll take a look - thanks