[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:07:35 CEST 2011

Em 2011/6/12 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> escreveu:
> Proposal 1 :
> ---------------
> Pros:
> - better hardware support
> - up to date versions / upstream projects (must have for developers)
>

> Cons:
> - very tight schedule: must include brainstorm, specifications,
> developments, development releases
> - feeling to be releasing all the time
> - short lifecycle ( nothing long term )
>

> Proposal 2
> ----------------
> Pros:
> - compromise between proposal 1 and proposal 3
> - development release more manageable to include all steps
> - allow to release when no others distributions , so we can be sure to
> have enough communication
>

> Cons:
> - not synchronized with gnome or others that use a 6 month cycle
> - potentially release when there isn't much activity ( like during
> Holidays )

I think proposal 3 would not be the best option since as commnity
users expect things faster, so i think they would in favour of
proposal 1 or 2.
But since this its distro vollunteer-based would be more real to have
9 months between a release, this considering we have the backports and
update sections to handle beetween apps releases and to please those
more impatient users.
So in conclusion my preference goes with proposal 2.

--
Zé