[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Jun 13 17:36:50 CEST 2011

lunedì 13 giugno 2011 alle 15:08, Thomas Backlund ha scritto:
> Well, it was intended to point out the problem with the "flexible"
> approach, and a possible "fix" by deciding some limits to the flexibility.
If the decision of how much (+X or -X) is taken during the post release
phase (e.g. now in the pre new release working). it's not that problem.
I mean we decide for 10 mo release because gnome (chose that because i like kde :p)
is out in 8 months and we'd like to have 2 months testing -that allows a little
gnome release delay- so from that point on the release plan is fixed at 10 months.
Next release we could decide for 6 months because no great changes from the world
are expected....

But i believe it's hard to follow, because every time we should spend
a lot of time discussing for this stuff and that could be harmless...

Angelo