[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

Ron corbintechboy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 18:51:40 CEST 2011

I will say my part and I'm gone...
I don't understand why everyone is acting like a rolling release is going to put so much strain on the project. What is so hard about developing in one place and allowing the updates to trickle down is so hard?
It almost seems to me that you want to ask the opinion of people, but don't want to hear.
And what is this posting here? I don't even know how to use this thing and yet I had to signup to get my voice heard because this is the way you want to do things? I don't understand where the whole community fits into this here right now, I think I actually say a lot when I say that many people want a rolling release.... It just seems the developers will have the way here... Why ask in the first place? Really?
I am leaving the list and sorry about the HTML in my emails, must be a yahoo thing because I did not use HTML... Again I don't know how to use this thing and should not have been forced to.
I would also say that I, for 1 will not be staying if you are going to do a release cycle only... I have loads of options if I just want snapshots of what's going on in the Linux world.... Arch gives me so much more and I had hopes of switching to this with a release model that made sense... But it seems we won't and we will just become yet another XXX release cycle distribution with no clear anything that sets us apart from X.
On you, I'm gone and thanks for hearing me and sorry if my postings were done wrong....