[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 15 07:49:41 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2011, 19:33:00 schrieb Jehan Pagès:
> So basically what people call a "light" rolling release in this thread
> is a rolling release where packages are tested and integrated? And
> what you call a (non-light) rolling release is a development rolling
> release (cooker, cauldron…) where packages are just dropped without
> prior security checked as fast as they are made available by their
> respective authors?

No.
As said in my first mail. Light rolling is, when the core system only gets
minor updates (no upgrades) and only the apllications get major updates within
a release.
Full rolling is, when everything will always get the latest version.

Both versions have to be stable as possible.

Regards,
Thorsten