[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Jun 16 16:47:07 CEST 2011

On 2011.06.16, at 13:21, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> 2011/6/16 Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de>:
>> * You get the a somelike systray, if you move the mouse to the bottom-right
>> corner (at least networkmanager and mgaonline is there).
>
> Yes, but:
> - no icon visible, only the text, and the text is only visible one or
> the other, related to nouse moves. When I move the mouse inside the
> "systray" to the right, the text "net_applet" shows, when I move it a
> little bit to the left the net-applet text vanishes and the
> "mgaapplet" text appears.

Yup, there is a general lack of icons. For example, if I go to system
settings panel, choose Sound, the 'little speaker' icons on the sides of
slide bars are missing. The icon itself for the sound applet (and others)
are also missing.

And one other point: if you choose 'User Accounts' (or 'My account' in the
right user menu), the panel complaints it can not contact to the 'accounts
service'.

I have googled it and it looks like it is time to get new gdm and
accountsservice:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23918

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/accountsservice/

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free