[Mageia-dev] GNOME 3 and Video

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Thu Jun 16 19:09:59 CEST 2011

I'm finding that GNOME 3 is exhibiting a lot of video strangeness.  I
have a Radeon HD 3300 Graphics chip with the fglrx driver, and I'm
seeing a lot of flashing, "shaking", and skewing.  Redrawing the screen
when you switch windows with the cursor tends to exhibit this.
"Terminal" skews with a diagonal line from lower left to upper right,
and the text and graphics in the window appear italic in the extreme.
Tooltips in Thunderbird, e.g. floating the mouse over a message subject,
gives the same skewing.  The application icons come up fine, and then
disappear and stay gone for the rest of the session, although if you
right-click an app and choose "Add to Favorites", the correct icon is
added to Favorites.

Do these symptoms suggest anything ?