[Mageia-dev] Firefox 5

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:29:50 CEST 2011

On 22 June 2011 19:41, Florian Hubold <doktor5000 at arcor.de> wrote:
>> Well, it's quite possible that we have to include that in Mageia 1 as
>> well, as this will be security update for Firefox 4. If we don't want to
>> patch every CVE then we have to include it into Mageia 1 as well..
>>

> Would be nice to know, if this is planned?
>
> I have rebuild FF5 here locally for Mageia 1, and the only addons that i
> lost is
> Linkification, but that is merely due to it's developers who already messed
> up
> with FF4. They don't offer the proper update on Firefox Addons site.
>
> So, please, what about Firefox 5 for Mageia 1 as an update (backport?)

Humm, MGA is stricter than MDV and refuses to backport packages
directly from cauldron:

mgarepo submit --define section=core/backports -t 1 </dev/null
Submitting xulrunner at revision 110647
error: command failed: ssh pkgsubmit.mageia.org
/usr/local/bin/submit_package -t 1 --define
sid=4845bffd-7f94-4c8c-931e-cfb746d01a0d --define
section=core/backports -r 110647
svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/cauldron/xulrunner
error: svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/cauldron/xulrunner is not
allowed for this target