[Mageia-dev] Proposal of a backporting process

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:24:42 CEST 2011

Op vrijdag 24 juni 2011 02:09:55 schreef Michael Scherer:
[...]
> - I am not sure on this part, but basically, we have 2 choices :
>   - the packager take the cauldron package and push to backport testing
>   - the packager move the cauldron package in svn to backport, and there
> send it to backport testing.
>
> Proposal 1 mean less work duplication, but proposal 2 let us do more
> customization.
[...]
> WDYT ?

I think we should go with option #2, but with an extra command in mgarepo
there should be less work.

something like:
 - "mgarepo switch -d 1 core/backports"
 - "magrepo switch core/release"

the idea is to move your local repository to the directed position, but if it
doesn't exist, that it is to be created. (possibly with a --create option).

mvg,

Maarten