[Mageia-dev] Proposal of a backporting process

André Salaün andresalaun at free.fr
Sun Jun 26 11:59:42 CEST 2011

Le Sun, 26 Jun 2011 02:08:52 -0700 (PDT)
Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca at yahoo.ca> a écrit:

> >>  I a not sure that most people realize they can revert. Maybe a easier
> >>  interface to do that could be offered ( along maybe with a tool that
> >>  send feedback on why it did downgrade it ? ).
> >
> > that's not a bad idea, what is the best way to revert? is that with --old-
> > package ?
>
> Maybe I'm stupid, but rpmdrake does not have any option to downgrade a package. To my knowledge, the only GUI in this world that has such an option (in a menu) is Synaptic, but Synaptic itself ceases to be the default GUI package manager in *buntu 11.11.

No I don't think, smart and smart-gui can do that.
Furthermore, if you break drakrpm and/or urpmi (using unofficlal
sources or testing) it can run because based on python.
For me it is a good complement to urpmi (whith urpmisync  like in
Mandriva)... when it works (I had o lot of problems in Mandriva
2010.1 2010.2 with urpmi synchronisation)

--
A.Salaün
Ne lâchez rien.