[Mageia-dev] Update of backport, policy proposal

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Jun 28 03:44:53 CEST 2011

Sander Lepik a écrit :

> 24.06.2011 03:15, Michael Scherer kirjutas:

[ ... ]

> Reading comments here and knowing that our QA team is in trouble already
> - i don't see how would QA handle backports. I can also see that there
> might come time when backports are unpatched and thus unsecure.

The idea is to use the packager and backport requesters to test the backports, in place
of the QA team.  This is considered adequate since backports would be "leaf" packages
(on which no other package is dependant), and so the packages need only be tested to
ensure that they work.
Of course for security issues, we have to be a little more careful.

--
André