[Mageia-dev] Proposal of a backporting process

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 19:13:56 CEST 2011

Op woensdag 29 juni 2011 17:28:30 schreef Angelo Naselli:
> mercoledì 29 giugno 2011 alle 15:37, Michael Scherer ha scritto:
> > If we start to add exception while we do not even have started to agree
> > on the general case, we are never gonna go anywhere :)
>
> Yes sorry, that was not my intention :)
> I do believe we're an open community and as in every open community
> we, and I first, don't impose just talk and decide. So every decision
> will be taken is fine for me.
>
> Said that what i meant was, if someone open a backport request, and
> there are people who can take care about, that should not close by
> default if does not respect all the policies, and that's for the same
> reason of openness...
>
> Angelo

actually, perhaps we should implement a strict policy, and if people wish to
deviate, i have an urpmi-proxy program, that has local overrides, in general,
it requests stuff from an external mirror, and you can also have a local
repository, and if you use the proxy, it can sort of backport whatever you
want if you rebuild it yourself in your local repos.