[Mageia-dev] Review Of Bugs

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Tue Nov 1 08:07:46 CET 2011

nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>

>> I certainly don't expect a package maintained by a team to be marked as
>> nobody (well, certainly not longer term). But again, I think even
>> allocating a gatekeeper or a team leader puts too many social pressures
>> on that person, and imposes something of a hierarchy that really doesn't
>> seem appropriate. Also things don't happen automatically - such as all
>> the team members getting CC'ed on bugzilla etc which would make it quite
>> a lot of admin work for said gatekeeper on top of the actual bug fixes
>> which again I think is too much.
>>
> If the problem is just to have people added in CC automatically, without
> being the maintainer, then we could use something else than maintdb for
> this. We could probably have a file somewhere in svn where people list
> the packages they are interested, and ask bugzilla to use this file to
> automatically add CCs.

I like that idea, at least as a supplement to multiple maintainers ...
there are a lot of packages where I could help solve problems, but
wouldn't want to be a maintainer.  I'm sure this applies to many others.
That would be really useful for bug fixes, for example.

But for big areas like gnome, kde, etc, it would be nice to have teams
of people who focus on maintaining those packages.

My 2 cents :-)

--
André