[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Nov 1 13:25:51 CET 2011

Le mardi 01 novembre 2011 à 01:56 -0400, David W. Hodgins a écrit :
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:17:15 -0400, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>
> > What is the usable feature ?
> > To be able to put some kind of quota on /usr ?
> > To be able to use a different fs for / and /usr ?
>
> I once ran into the situation where installing a package
> succeeded, but caused the / filesystem usage to hit 100%.
> The next reboot failed, due to this.

The problem was likely due to not having anywhere to place pid file and
others state related information. The /run mounted on tmpfs is a
solution for that, AFAIK, and so most system should no longer face this
problem. Maybe there is others reason to not start, but based on my
experience, there is no obvious one.

Even if I think that storing pid may no longer be needed for house
keeping, thanks to systemd usage of cgroups.

--
Michael Scherer