[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Wed Nov 9 00:28:14 CET 2011

2011/11/7 José Jorge <jjorge at free.fr>:
> Le lundi 7 novembre 2011 22:13:53, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
>
> 6 features introduced in Kdenlive 0.8.2
>
> I don't like this idea, because a new version is also new features, and so
> new bugs. What if we end with a new outstanding bug that is more important
> than the old crashes? We will have to revert back, using an epoch.

You are only speculating of possible bugs that could appear with these
new features, but we are talking about 151 *confirmed* bugs, from
which 44 are crashes that also for sure, will make someone loose their
work and make him angry at us. Also those 6 new features seem minor
and more of a cosmetic nature for most of them, I don't think they can
introduce any serious bug like a crash.

> Yes we are waiting for backports for a long time, but it is upstream
> responsibility to maintain released versions. They don't do that, so we only
> should send new ( mlt + kdenlive + openshot) to backports.

Even so backports were open I think that because of the huge amount of
bug fixes this version should be push as an update instead of a
backport.

> I feel I know this problem well, as I worked a lot with kdenlive :
> http://lachuteduneplume.free.fr/?Technical
>
> If an update had bumped me to 0.6, my work would have been lost, this is NOT
> what I expect from an update.

Of course no one expects to loose work, but in your same line of
thought, actual users of our version of kdenlive also don't expect to
loose their work because of a crash if there's a fix available and we
aren't providing it.

Juancho