[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed Nov 9 14:27:55 CET 2011

In data lunedì 7 novembre 2011 22:13:53, Maarten Vanraes ha scritto:
> i guess one could either ship this as update, or isolate the 151 bugs as
> patches and put them on the current package...
I believe that is almost impossible.

I'd like to recall that not all the packagers are also developers
and making a thing like that requires a good developer
skill that is not really requested to a distro package maintainer.

I remember time in which lmontel patched kde to get a lot of fixings...
I seem to remember also that after him the best way was to update
kde directly instead so,  IMO we can decide case by case,
but the right way is to fix the most bugs we can (expecially ours, but
also upstream when ever we can do that).

Angelo