[Mageia-dev] qemu new upstream release (1.0-rc1) and should we move from qemu-kvm to qemu?

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Sat Nov 12 21:11:31 CET 2011

On 12.11.2011 20:20, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le samedi 12 novembre 2011 à 16:44 +0100, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
>
>> There is also one important patch missed in Mageia -
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-11/msg00787.html it's
>> dependency for the GNS3 simulator. OpenSUSE already includes it
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=qemu&project=openSUSE%3ATools
>>
>> If nobody is against I will do it and contact the maintainer (misc).
> I prefer to wait on the stable release ( ie, no rc1 ).
> We will wait on stable version of qemu.
OK
> And no patch unless it comes from upstream ( and even, I am not keen on
> backporting feature, better wait for stable release ).

GNS3 is already in stable! This package is broken - no dynamips (=no
router emulation at all...), no patched qemu (no virtualization support
at all...) According to the developers and their online documentation
for package maintainers http://forum.gns3.net/post11571.html UDP patched
Qemu is dependency/very important.

We must fix the package and provide at least not so heavy broken ones...

I've prepared new version of GNS3, included into svn dynamips and
xdotool (this one suggested) - these I can maintain with my mentor, so I
ask for patch qemu in stable versus UDP support.

Regards