[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: mariadb available for testing

Sam Bailey cyprix at cyprix.com.au
Tue Nov 15 05:08:13 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 10:17, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

> A. provide
both but with vendor preference
> making sure one of them both is
preferred should be ok, since they conflict
> anyway, if a user
installs the non-preferred one, she knows what she's doing.
> ( I think
a note could be added here for warning purposes )

> B. only use
mariadb anymore
> => That's the easiest and safest option...
> _IF_
mariadb works well. (which i'm sure we'll see in our testing)
> (IMHO,
if it worked for libreoffice, i don't see why not for mariadb)

> any
opinions? testings? problems?

I'm all for either of these. Especially
B) if we can test it well enough.

I rebuilt the package on mga1
without issues. Tests fine as well.

Does anyone have any idea if the
PBXT (Primebase) Storage Engine will be kept in MariaDB 5.5 (as it is in
5.1, 5.2, 5.3)?

--
Sam Bailey

Cyprix Enterprises