[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: mariadb available for testing

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Fri Nov 18 12:38:16 CET 2011

Op vrijdag 18 november 2011 11:33:12 schreef Colin Guthrie:
[...]
> I'm pretty sure I've seen this problem before... can't remember exactly
> what it is but it relates to the path of a utility or a the version file
> (for mysql_update script) or something similar.

i'll check it out

> I don't have this package installed right now (mysql is kinda part of my
> day job platform, and while I will definitely investigate mariadb, I'm
> not about to jump ship for philosophical reasons just yet (live
> environments running CentOS and RHEL will mean using Maria locally is
> not necessarily a wonderful idea for me just yet! - although mysql
> version differences aren't that clever either and I do that :D)
>
> Col

Considering i'm noticing that mariadb just starts from a 5.5 branch of mysql,
then applies the patches that have always been rejected, then add the new
storage engines, it's pretty identical to mysql. and on top of that, they seem
more acceptable to upstreaming our mageia patches (which i partly did), so it
might just be easier maintainable.