[Mageia-dev] Abandoned packages in our svn

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Sun Nov 20 14:22:47 CET 2011

On 20.11.2011 08:19, Jani Välimaa wrote:
> 2011/11/20 Kamil Rytarowski<n54 at gmx.com>:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I observe that we have hundreds of abandoned packages - once imported - at
>> times with changes committed - finally never successfully pushed to Build
>> Server.
>>
>> I have preparded simple list (not sure it's 100% correct)
> How did you get this list exactly?
>
> celt071 was imported yesterday and submitted to BS right after, it's
> surely available on mirrors. So, I'm pretty sure there's other false
> positives in your list. Maybe we could improve your "script" after you
> unveil it to us.. :)
As I have said list is just a preview.

I was trying (successfully) to update a library major version (only
locally) and try to rebuild all packages that require it. So after
preparing a simple script I've found packages that require it but are
laying for months only in svn and untouched.

When I ask people about "their" packages, some like avr-binutils are
wrong and to be deleted.

But right, it's not time to look after these packages, when we can't
maintain the already "pushed" ones.

I can unveil the script if it's useful for someone. I use some basic
bash tools..

But I think it could be done automatically somewhere online - to prepare
a monitor page, for developers as a reminder what is in our svn waiting
for its time? And the list can contain only those packages that wait
uncommitted for more then 1 month?

I am attaching the list with description who and when has it committed
the last time http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/list_info.txt