[Mageia-dev] Drakx-net or NetworkManager for Mageia 2

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:11:19 CET 2011

On 21 November 2011 20:14, Marianne Lombard <marianne at tuxette.fr> wrote:
> I was reading cooker ML a few days ago (yes I know, it's a strange idea)
> when I've read that Mandriva has stopped using (and thereof developing it).
> They have switched to NetworkManager (you all know this tool).
>
> What will Mageia team do ? Continue to maintain and enhance drakx-net or
> follow all others distributions with NetworkManager ?
>
> Just a precision, I use Networkmanager with mageia1 on my laptop (due to the
> VPN we use at work)

drakx-net code is used everywhere (installer, mga_applet, ...)
so we still have to maintain it in order to set up network
while installing.

so we would have to transform drakx-net basecode into
something that relay back data from NM.

Dunno what does anaconda (RH installer), does it set up
network on his own or does it uses NM?