[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release meta-task-2-12.mga2

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Wed Nov 23 03:01:38 CET 2011

Op woensdag 23 november 2011 02:07:16 schreef Balcaen John:
> Le mardi 22 novembre 2011 18:27:08, Mageia Team a écrit :
> > Name        : meta-task                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
> > Version     : 2                                 Vendor: Mageia.Org
> > Release     : 12.mga2                       Build Date: Tue Nov 22
> > 22:26:13 2011 Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
> > jonund Group       : System/Configuration/Other    Source RPM: (none)
> > Size        : 40709                            License: GPL
> > Signature   : (none)
> > Packager    : Mageia Team <http://www.mageia.org>
> > Summary     : Meta task listing packages by group
> > Description :
> > prefer.vendor.list is used by urpmi, rpmdrake and installer to prefer
> > some packages when there is a choice.
> >
> > "rpmsrate" and "compsUsers.pl" are used by installer and rpmdrake to
> > choose packages to install.
> >
> > alien <alien> 1:2-12.mga2:
> > + Revision: 171063
> > - prefer mysql over mariadb
>
> Well since your mariadb library does also provide the « mysql » libraries
> (which is probably not necessary from my point of view  since rpm is going
> to add a requires on libmysqlclient.so.18()(64bit) ) how are we going to
> deal with the preference between mysqld & mariadb library ?

afaik it's a ordering of choices, mysql will be matched by it and be 1st
choice. (i can be wrong of course; but anssi seemed to think this would be
possible)

of course, there's another simple solution, i can put the preference on
mariadb... :-P

with regards to provides; are you sure all mysql requirements are with
libmysqlclient.so.18?

maybe i have too much provides, but since it's a drop-in replacement, i see no
evil in that.