[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release module-init-tools-3.16-7.5.8.mga2

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Wed Nov 23 21:33:10 CET 2011

Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> writes:

> 'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 22/11/11 07:55 did gyre and gimble:
>>> werewolf:~# bootloader-config --action rebuild-initrds
>>> perl: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
>
> Just as a random thought, is /etc/modprobe.preload.d/ a Mandriva-ism or
> is it more widely used? I know that in systemd they are now trying to
> "standardise" on using /etc/module-load.d/*.conf (this isn't the same as
> /etc/modprobe.d/ but this seemed as related an email as possible to
> reply to about it!)
>
> If so should we try and move anything in modprobe.preload.d to
> module-load.d and update tools accordingly, especially if some tweaks
> are needed to the below tools anyway.....

modprobe.preload.d is something I introduced back at Mandriva, since I
did not find any equivalent in other distributions at the time.

Using /etc/modules-load.d (with a *s*) looks good, and the upgrade path
should be just about moving files from /etc/modprobe.preload.d in a
%trigger

--
Olivier Blin - blino