[Mageia-dev] Weirdness with GnomeShell theme

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 25 15:25:31 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 25/11/11 14:17 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and JA Magallon at 25/11/11 00:01 did gyre and gimble:
>> Hi all...
>>
>> I have just noticed that GnomeShell is doing strange things wrt windows
>> decorations. I've had always used the default Adwaita theme, I just
>> like it. Only changed font sizes.
>
> gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme 'Adwaita'
>

> It seems that gnome-shell now inherits things from metacity settings (it
> used to be separate) and thus it's getting oxygen theme by default.
>
> You can override it via the above command, but I think we need to do
> some integration testing with oxygen theme to prevent this happening.

Thinking about this, it's perhaps not really an issue with Oxygen at
all. It's maybe just that gnome now migrates settings better from gconf
and it perhaps picked up some old data on my install.

I'd need to do a fresh install to be sure.