[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Mon Nov 28 15:43:19 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 14:55 +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 28/11/2011 11:45, Robert Fox a écrit :
> > There a few "key" proprietary softwares which make the Linux work a bit
> > easier to integrate and play nice with the others . . . Like Skype,
> > Picasa&  Teamviewer (to name a few).  Other distros get this (like Linux
> > Mint!):
> >
> > http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/04/how-to-install-teamviewer-on-linux-mint-and-connect-to-windows/
> Why not switch to linux mint then, if you feel it better suited for your
> need ?
>
> I'm more and more concerned about this whole attitude: "you guys should
> make my own life easier, because other already do it". That's just plain
> consumerism.

I have switched to Linux Mint already - testing it and all.  Yet my main
distro is Mageia/Cauldron (coming from Mandriva/Cooker since 1999)
You may have missed my point that some of us are required to play nicely
with the other OSs and support & communicate with others.  That's why
selected commercial softwares like Skype and Teamviewer are unavoidable.

I apologize if I offended your sensibilities and will continue to
support Mageia with upcoming releases.

Cheers,
R.Fox