[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Tue Nov 29 12:08:07 CET 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 11:05 +0100, nicolas vigier wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Robert Fox wrote:
>

> > If you watch what the "other" major distros are doing related to this
> > topic - it may give a hint.  I am NOT advocating that we have to be like
> > them, I believe we need to offer the ability and the choice.
>
> Yes, it can give a hint :
> - fedora does not provide any teamviewer package
> - opensuse does not provide any teamviewer package
> - debian does not provide any teamviewer package
> - ubuntu does not provide any teamviewer package

Agreed.

I just meant, if the package provided by the proprietary supplier does
not work - then we should help ensure it does or make our own that works
for those of us that needs such programs.

Maybe we should have a voting system for our user base - like a wish
list, and if enough people ask for it - we could consider it?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
R.Fox