[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:49:07 CET 2011

On 29 November 2011 14:23, Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:43:30AM +0000, Donald Stewart wrote:
>> But, as said earlier, this isn't really something that we can do
>> sustainable so......
>
> Could do it on a best effort basis in a special meta package. I'd be
> annoyed to complicate existing spec files with compatibility cruft, but
> task-proprietary-compat-* subpackages seems fine to me.
>
> Might not work in all cases, in which case: too bad!
>
> Thinking of e.g.:
> Provides: $FEDORA_THING
> Requires: $OUR_THING
>
> --
> Regards,
> Olav

That way if a requires from the Fedora package changes, it is easier
to chase the changes needed for Mageia's packages, nice idea, however,
this would need to be documented so people know what it is and why its
getting pulled in. However, it would be a simpler thing to keep
updated and maintained that how-to's for each proprietary blob.

Schultz