[Mageia-dev] xserver 1.11

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Tue Nov 29 16:18:29 CET 2011

Colin Guthrie skrev 29.11.2011 16:04:
> 'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 29/11/11 13:21 did gyre and gimble:
>> Colin Guthrie skrev 29.11.2011 13:53:
>>>
>>> OK, spoke with Bastien and he pointed me at the fixes (on the Xserver
>>> side).
>>>
>>> Will push them through shortly (tho' to the xserver 1.11 in
>>> core/updates_testing only)
>>>

>> I think we should push xserver 1.11 into /release _now_ so it gets
>> proper testing time from all users before Alpha 2 is released.
>
> I'm happy with that but as I don't keep up to date with the binary
> driver stuff I don't know the impact.
>
> Anssi, can you give your €0.02?

fglrx is ok as of fglrx-8.911-1.mga2.nonfree

nvidia-current should be ok afaik.

nvidia173 and nvidia96xx need to be checked,
as Anssi noted on Nov. 6th that they didn't support it yet then,
and iirc there has been no new driver release since.

But at some point we really need to move on, as we cant wait forever.

--
Thomas